Last updated: October 12, 2008.
The Amenities Company (“Amenities”) does not share any information about our customers with any third party source or affiliate. All information stays within the TheAmenitiesCompany.com website and databases. We strive to keep up to date with the latest in security mechanisms to ensure customer data is protected.
In addition, the information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at TheAmenitiesCompany.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
• Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way, like account information. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features like newsletters and email reminders. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
• Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses TheAmenitiesCompany.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of TheAmenitiesCompany.com on other Web sites.
• Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as recommendations and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
• We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
• All credit card information is stored in our databases with the highest level of encryption.
• It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as time zone setting, purchase history, products you viewed or searched for.
TheAmenitiesCompany.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with TheAmenitiesCompany.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
Examples of information you can access easily at TheAmenitiesCompany.com include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalized advertising preferences, address book); payment settings (including credit card information and gift certificate, gift card, and check balances); e-mail notification settings (including Alerts, Available to Order notifications, Recommendations, Special Occasion Reminders, and Newsletters); recommendations (including recent product view history, prior order history and favorites).